Educational Technologist Intern
The Education Technologist Intern will analyze and implement strategies to infuse and advance academic programs through the innovative use of technology.
- Be committed to working with a diverse student population
- Be proficient in technology and computers and show an aptitude for teaching
- Identify, design and effectively incorporate plans and programs into the learning environment.
- Coordinate, develop and organize programs; such as workshop, lecture and training series; to inform faculty on trends in instructional technology, methods for effective use of technology in teaching, and use of specialized tools.
- Collaborate with educators and administrators in curriculum design by sourcing or creating new technologies to be used in classroom instruction
- Using past program data and outcomes, assist school administrators in identifying and correcting problems and deficiencies within the current technology-based programs
- Incorporate direct instruction, discussion, projects and cooperative work to engage students
- Believe that all children are capable of engaging in tech activities and have different strengths, weaknesses and learning styles.
- Maintain regular, punctual attendance and a long term commitment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in educational or instructional technology or a directly related field.
- Understanding of various operating systems, file structures, file formats, and protocols.
- Knowledge of current instructional theories for collaborative learning with web-based tools.
- Knowledge of streaming audio and video, podcasting, and social networking tools.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attentive to details.
- Flexible schedule
- Affiliation with a groundbreaking startup
- Room to exercise creativity
- Opportunity to positively impact the lives of special needs children and their families
- Chance to review new products being introduced in the market
- Collaborate with students from Stanford University’s Design School