Graphic Design Intern
The intern will design clear engaging graphic communications for print and web. This will include direct mail pieces, print ads, newsletters, infographics, branded promotional items, website and social media graphics, brochures, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed. The Graphic Design Intern will work closely with a project team of paid staff and volunteers to translate their messaging concepts into marketing materials.
- Interpreting the organization’s business needs and developing a concept to compliment our mission
- Designing company flyers, brochures, promotional materials
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Using innovation to redefine a design within the constraints of cost and time
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to the organization
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer design
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Working on layouts and art working pages ready for print
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Academic and/or work experience related to the field of graphic design
- Experience or willingness to be trained on specialized software and photoshop
- Flexible schedule
- Affiliation with a groundbreaking startup