Music Instructor Intern
The Music Instructor Intern will utilize interactive and client centered music experiences to work with students of all levels of ability to develop students’ interest in and appreciation of music.
- Encourage student creativity.
- Be committed to working with a diverse student population.
- Illustrate basic musical concepts (e.g. time and rhythm) for students through activities such as playing recorded music or playing an instrument in class accompanied by students.
- Design creative activities to allow students to experience different musical styles, interpret musical scores, and compose their own music.
- Integrate technology as appropriate.
- Incorporate direct instruction, discussion, projects and cooperative work to engage students
- Introduce individual students to particular instruments and assess students’ needs in regard to instrumental training.
- Prepare and implement lesson plans that align to the California Visual and Performing Arts Standards in Music as well as cross-curricular grade level themes under the direction of classroom teachers.
- Create and execute long term music lesson plans in collaboration with the music teacher.
- Believe that all children are capable of engaging in musical activities and have different strengths, weaknesses and learning styles.
- Maintain regular, punctual attendance and a long term commitment.
- Teach instrument skill play to students of varying music abilities on piano, guitar, drums, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency in at least one area of music performance—instrumental, vocal, etc.
- A minimum of being enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program.
- Able to run music classes multiple times throughout the week.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Creativity and basic artistic ability.
- Attentive to details.
- Flexible schedule
- Affiliation with a groundbreaking startup
- Room to exercise creativity
- Opportunity to positively impact the lives of special needs children and their families
- Access to brand new music products and partnerships with renowned organizations
- Chance to review new products being introduced in the market.