Special Education Intern
The position of Special Education Intern (SEI) is a unique opportunity for college students and adults interested in a career in Education. The school day is 9am-2:30pm and staff is expected to be onsite from 8:30am-4:30pm. All materials, curriculum, and training will be provided by Open Mind School.
- Follow an individual education program for the student based on the student’s IEP and education plan.
- Keep the child motivated and engaged.
- Provide support for group, small group, and individual instruction. We will have art therapists, music therapist, and yoga/movement providing enrichment.
- Under the direction of the Program Director the SEI is responsible for planning, preparing, and implementing lesson plans.
- Attend team meetings.
- Assist with providing regular, ongoing, positive communication with parents, including but not limited to, daily or weekly written and verbal reports.
- Administrative tasks as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Interns must be registered at an accredited college or university and have completed coursework, and examinations needed to perform duties in a private academic setting. Requirements include a background check, current physical examination, a negative TB test, and police records check.
- Interns must possess excellent leadership, interpersonal and time management skills, proficiency with writing and communication, good problem-solving skills, and must work well within teams.
- Flexible schedule
- Affiliation with a groundbreaking startup
- Opportunity to positively impact the lives of special needs children and their families
- Job growth opportunities